Redemptorists & Redemptoristines
The revelation from the Lord to the Blessed Maria Celeste Crostarosa also concerned a male institute, which she saw the face of St. Alphonsus Liguori. The Lord revealed about male institute that the daily exercises and the spiritual acts were the very same as in the written Rule, nevertheless, all members in male institute might live in apostolic poverty without turning away from contemplative life. After having consulted among men of wisdom and holiness, St. Alphonsus decided to begin this new missionary institute, the Redemptorists, in 1732.
In O.Ss.R Constitution and C.Ss.R Statute, both are also mentioned this closed relationship and linked in its origins, name and spirituality between these double Institutes, the Order of the Most Holy Redeemer
( the Redemptoristine Sisters ) and the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer ( the Redemptorist Fathers and Brothers ).
We are truly blessed here in Liguori by being surrounded by them. On one side of our Monastery there is St. Clement’s Health Care Center where care is given to the ill and infirm Redemptorist Fathers and Brothers. Up the road from us is the Liguori Publication Building where all types of Media material is produced and mailed, including the Liguorian Magazine. Next to this is the Monastery for the Liguori Community of Fathers and Brothers including their Mission Team.
They minister to us by providing a Celebrant for daily Mass and weekly administration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Conferences for On-Going Formation, as well as Spiritual Direction are an addition to their help. They also join us for special celebrations.
Every day we offer our prayers and sacrifices for their support in their personal lives and apostolic work. A practice has been established with our Redemptorists at St. Clement's Health Care Center for each of us to have one of them as a “Prayer Partner”. They pray for us and we for them.
If you would like to know more about them, meet them on the Web.